This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
With it's low-hands-on prep time and make-ahead convenience, Crustless Smoked Sausage & Spinach Quiche is a flavorfully delicious no-hassle meal the whole family will love! It's perfect for dinner, lunch, brunch, or breakfast.
As some of you who frequent The Kitchen is My Playground may know, my husband and I are thrilled to have recently welcomed a 5-year-old little girl into our family. She is the sweetest, and ... while we are certainly experiencing a whole new level of tired ... she is the light of our lives.
Besides getting much less sleep than before becoming parents, with the addition of a child to our family another part of our life has changed quite a bit too ... our meals! Not only do we now need to keep a pretty routine schedule with our meals ... no longer eating lunch at 3:00 if we've been busy all day, or enjoying a "fashionably late" 7:30 or 8:00'ish dinner ... I am now also much more on the lookout for quick and easy meals that can be ready in a flash!
With our school schedule, doctors appointments, gymnastics, church activities, and various other run-here-and-there commitments ...
... sometimes I just don't feel like I have time to cook a good meal! But you know what? With the help of Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, I sure do.
Like with this Crustless Smoked Sausage & Spinach Quiche, loaded with Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage. It can be whipped up easily with about 15 minutes of hands-on time, and reheats beautifully for a fabulous no-hassle make-ahead meal option. How great is that?
That means you could whip up two Crustless Smoked Sausage & Spinach Quiche! ... eat one now, and save the other to quickly reheat later in the week! ... a no-hassle meal ready to go.
Now, to make this tasty Crustless Smoked Sausage & Spinach Quiche once you've picked up your Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, simply slice the sausage into 1/4-inch thick rounds ...
Give the smoked sausage rounds a quick saute with some onions ...
... and bake them up with a spinach, egg, cheese, milk, and flour mixture. Then voila! ... You've got a delicious Crustless Smoked Sausage & Spinach Quiche the whole family will enjoy. Just perfect for dinner, lunch, brunch, or breakfast. But hey, if you'd like to enjoy it for snack, too, that's totally cool.
So if for whatever reason, you're looking for some easy no-hassle dinner recipe ideas, add Crustless Smoked Sausage & Spinach Quiche to your list. Thanks to Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, it's low-hands-on prep time and make-ahead convenience make it a perfect no-hassle meal option, for sure.
Crustless Smoked Sausage & Spinach QuicheIngredients
- 1 (14 oz.) Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, sliced in 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 c. shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 c. cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed & well-drained
- 1/2 c. milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Heat a saute pan coated with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. Add smoked sausage and onion; saute until sausage is lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Swiss cheese in the bottom of the pie plate. Top with the sauteed smoked sausage mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining Swiss cheese, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, spinach, milk, and eggs. Stir with a whisk until well combined. Combine flour, baking powder, and pepper. Add to egg mixture and stir until blended. Spread over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.