Chocolate & pumpkin are so great together! With chocolate graham crackers & a quick pumpkin mousse, this creamy No-Bake Chocolate-Pumpkin Icebox Cake makes it easy to bring these flavors together in one delicious dessert. It's a match made in pumpkin lovers' heaven.
One of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and pumpkin. And one of our family's absolute favorite desserts is No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Dessert. So I'm sure you know exactly where my mind went once the Fall pumpkin cravings hit, right?
Mmm hmmmm ... My mind said, "It makes perfect sense to join these two favorites together!" Enter ~ this easy No-Bake Chocolate-Pumpkin Icebox Cake. And oh. my. word. is it good.
Easy No-Bake Chocolate-Pumpkin Icebox Cake follows the same concept as the classic No-Bake Chocolate Eclair Dessert our family loves so much. In the classic version, a creamy mousse-like vanilla pudding mixture is layered with graham crackers. The layered creation is then chilled overnight, allowing the graham crackers to soften into a creamy cake-like texture.
The chocolate graham crackers and pumpkin mousse, topped with non-dairy whipped topping and pecans, however, compliment each other beautifully ... perfectly bringing together the chocolate-and-pumpkin flavor combination I adore.
For us, No-Bake Chocolate-Pumpkin Icebox Cake is a match made in pumpkin lovers' heaven! And dare I say? ... We like its creamy-comfort deliciousness just as much as the classic.
We invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, bloglovin', or subscribe by Email. We'd love to have you back soon!
Easy No-Bake Chocolate-Pumpkin Icebox CakeIngredients
Source: A Tracey creation
Source: A Tracey creation
- 1 (15 oz.) can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 & 1/2 (8 oz.) containers Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping, divided
- chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- additional pumpkin pie spice for sprinkling
- In a mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin, milk, dry vanilla pudding mix, and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip.
- Place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" dish. Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Repeat with another layer of graham crackers and pudding; then top with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Spread 1/2 container of Cool Whip over the top layer of graham crackers. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and a bit of pumpkin pie spice.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld and graham crackers to soften into a cake-like texture.
Please enjoy these other no-bake treats from The Kitchen is My Playground ...