Want to make pie but thinking it's too hard? Or too time consuming? Or too messy? Well, then you haven't met this pie yet. And you won't believe a pie this good can be this easy.
I was introduced to this classic No-Bake Hershey's Chocolate Bar Pie several years ago by a friend. We were in charge of orchestrating a luncheon for about 90 people at our church. We wanted the food to be yummy (of course!) ... but also stuff that wouldn't totally tax us in preparation time or difficulty. For dessert, this pie totally fit the bill!
I don't know what exactly made this pie pop back in my mind the other day, but it did. Calling my name and beckoning me to make it ... 'make me, make me ... don't you remember how yummy I am?'
Needless to say, since you can clearly see the photographic evidence, I succumbed to it's call.
So I melted some Hershey's chocolate bars with almonds, folded the melted chocolatey-ness into some Cool Whip whipped topping, and spooned the mixture into an Oreo chocolate crumb crust. And I was done. Yes, that's it. All there is to this pie.
I told you you wouldn't believe a pie could be this easy! Oh, but it is. And the result is so good it totally makes you think it was way harder than that.
With how yummy and easy this pie is, I certainly won't be forgetting about this pie again any time soon.
No-Bake Hershey's Chocolate Bar Pie
Source: Adapted from Hershey's Kitchens
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate crumb pie crust (such as Oreo pie crust)
- 1 1/2 (8 oz.) containers Cool Whip whipped topping (12 oz. total)*
- 5 full-size (1.45 oz.) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars with Almonds**
- Break chocolate bars into pieces and place in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. (Or, place chocolate bar pieces in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM power for one minute or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.) Remove from heat and cool for two minutes.
- Fold melted chocolate into the Cool Whip until well combined. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate over night, or until set.
** Regular Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars (without almonds) can be substituted.
This post is linked with Saturday Show & Tell, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Spotlight, Saturday Dishes, Finding the Pretty & Delicious, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Sunday Showcase Party, Make the Scene Monday, Marvelous Mondays, On the Menu Monday, The Scoop, Time to Sparkle, Tuesday Talent Show, Whimsy Wednesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Your Creative Timeout Party, Thursday's Treasures, Taste & Tell Thursdays, Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Weekend Potluck, Keep Calm & Link Up, Sundae Scoop, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Super Saturday Show & Tell, Your Great Idea Link Party, Finding the Pretty & Delicious.