This hearty homemade Tomato-Mushroom Soup is loaded with fresh mushrooms and full of rich and delicious flavor. Warm, comforting, and tasty, it's the kind of good food that just makes you feel good all over.
"Soup is good food."
Does anyone remember where this slogan comes from? I'm going to date myself a little bit here, because I certainly do.
Do you remember?
Well, when it comes right down to it I have to agree with Cambell's that soup is indeed good food. Especially when it's homemade. A great bowl of homemade soup is so warm, comforting, and tasty ... the kind of food that just makes you feel good all over.
And when it comes to this homemade Tomato-Mushroom Soup? I also have to agree with Campbell's slogan that it's "M'm M'm Good."
This tomato-based soup is loaded with fresh mushrooms and full of rich and delicious flavor. In addition to great flavor, the mushrooms bring wonderful heartiness to the soup ~ which is something my family craves in our soups. Nothing thin and broth-y for my husband! ... Nope, he wants something he can sink his teeth into.
A little touch of Balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese further amp up the flavor and round out the soup quite nicely.
Now to bring back even more of those tomato soup memories of childhood, I like to serve a big bowl of this with a warm and gooey grilled cheese alongside, just like Mom used to. It's truly make-you-feel-good-all-over comfort food at its best.
So whip up a batch and ladle yourself a big bowlful. It's truly "M'm M'm" good food.
We invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, bloglovin', or subscribe by Email. We'd love to have you back soon!
Homemade Tomato-Mushroom SoupIngredients
- 1 medium onion
- 2 T. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 oz. (about 4 c.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- Cut onion in half and slice thinly. In a 2-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add mushrooms. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, water, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan and parsley.