This one's simple - if you like Brussels sprouts, then I think you'll love this Brussels Sprouts Soup. If you don't like Brussels sprouts, then this soup's not for you! That's pretty cut-and-dry, wouldn't you say?
I, for one, love Brussels sprouts and love this Brussels Sprouts Soup. And love that this is one soup that comes together really quickly.
Simply heat up some frozen Brussels sprouts and give them a rough chop. My mom chopped up the ones for this batch of soup and she was a bit more meticulous than I would be ... she actually took the time to nicely quarter each sprout. She's sweet like that.
Then fry up some bacon and garlic, add your other ingredients, and let them simmer for about 15 minutes. You'll add the already-heated Brussels sprouts at the very end and just make sure they're heated through.
Then enjoy your delicious bowl of Brussels Sprouts Soup with a little sprinkling of cheese on top! And maybe with a little extra bacon. You know, 'cause you just can't go wrong with bacon, right?
We invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, bloglovin', or subscribe by Email. We'd love to have you back soon!
Brussels Sprouts SoupIngredients
Source: My Mom
- 3 (10 oz.) packages frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. half & half
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/3 c. white rice, uncooked
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. grated mild or Longhorn cheddar
- Cook Brussels sprouts in the microwave for about 15 minutes to thaw and heat. Roughly chop sprouts or cut in quarters.
- Fry bacon and garlic in a Dutch oven until bacon is crisp. Add chicken broth, milk, half & half, rice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is cooked - about 15 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and warm through. Top with grated cheese to serve.
Please enjoy these other tasty soups from The Kitchen is My Playground ...