Looking for quick and easy party food? Three-ingredient Crescent Sausage Bites are super simple and always a party hit!
Shoooooo! Cold weather has finally hit down here in the South. And I. Don't. Like it.
Okay, now I know I really don't have anything even remotely close to being okay to complain about. 'Cause, truly, temperatures in the 20s and 30s are not actually cold. I grew up in Vermont. I do understand what true cold is.
But now ...
I'm a woose. Thin-blooded, sun-lovin', warm-weather-spoiled woose.
70 degrees? Light sweater weather for me. 50 degrees? Turtleneck sweater. And a coat. Definitely a coat. Maybe even breaking out the mid-length winter wool coat and gloves. 30s? Most definitely full-length winter wool coat. Buttoned all the way up. And gloves. Below 30? Can't even stand to think about it.
How on Earth did I survive growing up in Vermont?? It's a perplexing question. One that my husband poses all the time.
Enjoy body-warming comfort food, of course! Like these super easy 3-ingredient Crescent Sausage Bites ... made with hot sausage. Though technically party fare, I also whip these up to serve alongside a nice bowl of veggie soup. Mmmmm ... soup and hot sausage ... that'll warm the belly.
And you know what? These are always a huge party hit. Huge ... especially with the guys. 'Cause they've got meat in 'em. And we all know guys go for the meat.
Oh ... and did you happen to notice the gorgeous, extra-thick cutting board the photos of these sausage bites are taken on? Well, that just so happens to be my custom-engraved cherryBLOX cutting board. Take a look!
I think it's soooo cool to have a cutting board personalized with my blog's name! It was a gift from my parents, and I love it ... such a unique and clever gift.
If you're looking for a unique, personalized gift, I highly recommend visiting cherryBLOX to create your very own custom-engraved cutting board!
... oh, so many gift-giving possibilities.
We invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google Friend Connect, bloglovin', or Feedburner. We'd love to have you back soon!
3-Ingredient Crescent Sausage BitesSource: My friend Lynn
- 1 lb. hot sausage (pork or turkey)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- Dash salt & ground black pepper
- In a saute pan, brown sausage; drain. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Blend in cream cheese until the cream cheese is melted.
- Unroll one package of crescent rolls and place on a baking sheet. With your fingers, gently press the seams together to seal them. Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the crescent roll dough, leaving about a 1/2-inch border along the edges.
- Unroll the remaining package of crescent rolls and place on top of the sausage mixture. Press the edges together to seal. Gently press the seams together.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until crescent roll dough is golden brown.
- Cut into small squares and serve. (A pizza cutter makes really quick and easy work of the cutting.)
*Oh, and a note for those counting the ingredients and thinking, "Hey, there's 4 ingredients listed, not just 3 as Tracey claims." Generally, salt and pepper aren't counted when counting ingredients.