When you get tired of turkey sandwiches, whip up a creamy pan of Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole to enjoy that Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey. You may just decide it's so good, you don't want to wait for turkey leftovers to make it!
Well my friends, Thanksgiving has come and gone. And it's time to finish up those turkey leftovers. For those last little bits of turkey in our refrigerator, we turned to this family-favorite creamy casserole for enjoying them for dinner last night.
There are about a million versions of this type of leftover turkey noodle casserole out there, but this is my take on it. It's one of our favorite ways to enjoy leftover turkey ... because you can only eat just so many turkey sandwiches, right?
While I'm certainly not knocking the good-old turkey sandwich ... believe me, I've sure enjoyed more than my fair share of them, ... sometimes you need another go-to dish for all that turkey.
Loaded with chopped turkey and mixed vegetables, all surrounded by creamy cheesy sauce seasoned with a touch of dried thyme and sage, this casserole got a double-thumbs-up from our 6-year-old Little Miss H. I especially knew she loved it when she went back for her second huge scoop.
Along with its great creaminess and flavor, I love the flexibility of this casserole, too. If you'd prefer to change up the vegetables ... no problem. Just green beans ... or just corn ... or even broccoli would work just fine. Don't like sage? ... leave it out. Rather use dried basil than dried thyme? ... That would work, too. Got leftover chicken instead of turkey? ... Make it Leftover Chicken Noddle Casserole, then! It's all good.
So when you get tired of turkey sandwiches, whip up a pan of Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole to enjoy those Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey leftovers. Hey, with its creamy yumminess, your family may just decide it's so good you don't want to wait for turkey leftovers to make it!
We invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, bloglovin', or subscribe by Email. We'd love to have you back soon!
Leftover Turkey Noodle CasseroleIngredients
- 4 c. (8 oz.) uncooked egg noodles
- 3 c. chopped leftover cooked turkey
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and warmed
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions. Drain well.
- While noodles cook, place condensed soup, sour cream, milk, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, Parmesan, and 1 cup shredded mozzarella in a large mixing bowl; stir until well combined. Add chopped turkey and mixed vegetables; stir to combine. Add hot drained noodles and stir to combine.
- Spoon noodle mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melty.
Please enjoy these other casserole dishes from The Kitchen is My Playground ...