Top mini bagels with a creamy cheese and ham mixture to create tasty little Ham & Cheese Bagel Bites ~ perfect for snacking, partying, lunching, or brunching.
As a kid, I remember one of my favorite little snacks was mini pizzas made on English muffins. You know, when you take an English muffin, spread on a little sauce, sprinkle with some cheese, ... possibly add a pepperoni or two ... and heat it all up? I think I loved them so much not only because they tasted great, but because I could make them all by myself at a pretty early age. Heck, I might even be known to occasionally indulge in these little pizzas still to this day.
But you want to know what takes those little pizzas of my childhood memories up a notch?
And creamy cheese.
Like in these absolutely delicious, perfect-for-a-party-breakfast-or-snack Ham & Cheese Bagel Bites.
When you add in some ham? ... You get classic-&-creamy ham & cheese deliciousness ... on a toasty bagel. Chop up some deli ham, or use ham leftovers if you've got 'em on hand. Deliciousness either way!
And seriously, definitely a notch above the English muffin pizzas of my youth.
Serve up a tray full of ham & cheese bagel bites for snack time ... or party time ... as a game day treat ... for breakfast ... for brunch ... alongside a bowl of soup ... or for lunch. They could even be packed in a lunch box.
Wow. Versatile tasty little bagel beauties, aren't they?
We invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, bloglovin', or subscribe by Email. We'd love to have you back soon!
Ham & Cheese Bagel Bites
Source: Adapted from Southern Lady magazine
- 10 mini bagels
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1 c. finely chopped ham
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- Slice each bagel in half horizontally. Place in a single layer on a foil-line baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Swiss cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and parsley. Stir or beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Stir in ham.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of each bagel half, dividing mixture evenly between the bagel halves.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and tops are very lightly browned.
Enjoy these other savory little bites from The Kitchen is My Playground ...