Enjoy deliciously moist and flavorful Poppy Seed Quick Bread with Fresh Citrus Glaze. Your tummy will be glad you did!
I'm super excited to share today's post with you ... for two fun reasons. First, because this super moist and super flavorful Poppy Seed Tea Bread is one of my absolute favorite quick breads. And second, because I get to announce a fabulous new partnership between The Kitchen is My Playground and cherryBLOX!
Let's talk Poppy Seed Tea Bread first. Okey-doke?
This bread is truly one of my all-time favorite quick breads. Usually with poppy seed 'stuff,' we think lemon poppy seed. Not so with this poppy seed 'stuff' ... this poppy seed bread gets it's absolutely wonderful flavor from almond extract instead.
And the almond flavor is soooooooo good.
And then it gets an extra jolt of moistness from a citrus-sugar glaze made with freshly-squeezed orange juice.
The glaze sinks into the top of the bread, making the top extra moist and extra flavorful. And oh, I love it.
But maybe not as much as I love my cherryBLOX. And that's why ... drum roll, please ...
I'm very excited to announce that The Kitchen is My Playground is now partnering with cherryBLOX!
What's cherryBLOX, you ask?
cherryBLOX are extra-thick, custom-engraved cherry wood cutting boards produced by a North Carolina-based company that has specialized in wood products for nearly a century. Beautiful custom engraving makes cherryBLOX the perfect unique and personalized gift.
Just like this personalized 'thekitchenismyplayground.com' cherryBLOX I received from my Mom and Dad for Christmas last year ... and I love it! Isn't it sweet? It was such a wonderful surprise to open up on Christmas morning.
cherryBLOX come in two sizes ...
Beautiful BLOX are perfect for anniversaries, birthdays, bridesmaids or groomsmen, wedding gifts, Christmas, housewarmings, teacher gifts, corporate gifts, and more!
Visit cherryBLOX today to create yours.
We invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, bloglovin', or Feedburner. We'd love to have you back soon!
Glazed Poppy Seed Tea Bread
Source: My Mom
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. + 2 T. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. imitation butter flavoring
- 2 T. poppy seeds
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. canola oil
- PREPARE THE BREAD: Place all bread ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until well mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into two greased loaf pans, dividing the batter evenly between the pans. Bake at 325 degrees until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- PREPARE THE GLAZE: While the bread is baking, prepare the glaze. Combine all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan; heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar melts.
- When done, remove bread from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Immediately prick the tops of the breads with a fork, and spoon the warm glaze over the top of each loaf. Let cool completely.