Whew - I've had a string of cooking flops lately. Hate it when I have a run like that. I've been trying out some new recipes, making a couple of things from my "30 for 2012 Project" list, and working on a new frosting. Well, after three runs at the new frosting, I don't have it nailed yet (but I'm close!). Made a terrible salad for my family's Easter get-together. Had two disappointments from my "Project" list.
... and LOTS of cilantro and fresh lime. Oh, and don't forget the jalapenos! Mark can never get enough jalapenos.
Mark loves jalapenos so much, we ... and by 'we', I mean Mark ... have a joke about them now. Whenever I cook something Mark says, "It needs more jalapeno." Give him pico de gallo? ... "Needs more jalapeno." Give him spaghetti? ... "Needs more jalapeno." A brownie? ... "Needs more jalapeno." You get the point.
Well, last night, I actually came up with something for which he DID NOT say "Needs more jalapeno." Yay! You'll have to wait to see what it was ... I'll post it soon. Until then, enjoy some pico de gallo. You decide if it needs more jalapeno!
I invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Pinterest, Facebook, Google Friend Connect, Linky Followers, bloglovin', or Feedburner. Buttons are in the right sidebar. I'd love to have you back soon!
Pico de GalloSource: Inspired by many Mexican restaurants :-)
- 8 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, seeded to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 to 2 tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Taste, and adjust salt if needed. Serve with tortilla chips, alongside main dishes, or over rice as a meatless meal.
- NOTE: I remove the seeds from 1 1/2 peppers, and leave the seeds in 1 1/2 peppers. Adjust as you'd like to get your desired 'heat.' The more seeds, the more 'heat.'