1. Funfetti Cake Balls - By farrrrrrr your most clicked post. This post was viewed a whopping 7 times more than the #2 post. Boy, who would have thought that one of my biggest 'oops' of the year would turn into such a fabulous-little-favorite treat. One reader even called me "the MacGuyver of the kitchen" for this recovery of a flop ... I'm so flattered!
2. Salted Chocolate Cake Pops - Oooohh, this one brings back such a wonderful memory ... an entire day this summer spent making cake pops and cake ball truffles with my friend Jenny. Thanks so much for giving me this walk down memory lane!
3. Nutella French Toast with Maple Syrup, Bananas, & Strawberries - I've definitely been on a Nutella kick this year. Yum.
4. The BEST Vanilla Cupcake + the BEST Coffee Buttercream - Thank you for coming along on my quest for the BEST vanilla cupcake! It was surprisingly difficult to find a vanilla cupcake that I was truly happy with.
5. Stovetop Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese - This one holds a special place in my heart, because it was created for the first ever Crazy Cooking Challenge, the brain child of and hosted by Tina of Mom's Crazy Cooking. I love participating in the Challenge with Tina and the other 80-or-so participating bloggers! (Hey, check us out on January 7th when we'll be going live with a Chicken Noodle Soup Crazy Cooking Challenge ... I know, I know, shameless plug.)
6. Margarita Cupcakes - a.k.a Top Shelf Margarita Cupcakes. These were a July creation that were just perfect for summer.
7. German Chocolate Chip Cookies - These tasty little beauties were also made for a Crazy Cooking Challenge ... the 2nd one, featuring chocolate chip cookies. I decided not to submit these as my entry though, going instead with Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies (which also made the top 10 list at #9). Looks like you all liked these even better than the Nutella Chocolate Chippers ... maybe I should have gone with these for the Challenge!
8. Black Bottom Cupcakes - Chocolate & cheesecake together in a two-or-maybe-three-bite-sized cupcake. What more could we ask for? This is the post in which I included a blast from the past ... Animal of the Muppets singing "mnah-mnum" ... love that little puppet guy. This is also the sweet treat I featured in my personal cancer story post for 'Frosting for the Cause' in support of breast cancer research.
9. Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies - My 2nd Nutella-based treat to make your top 10. These little tasties were baked up for the Crazy Cooking Challenge. Delish.
10. Margarita Cake Ball Truffles - Margarita Cupcakes' little sister! This post even features a visit from Elvis.
And I would like to include my favorite find from 2011 in blogland ... S'More Pralines, adapted from Bakergirl's Graham Cracker S'mores Candy. Incidentally, these made Bakergirl's 2011 Top Ten! Believe me, these are absolutely scrumptious.
Thank you to everyone who has stopped by my little spot in blogland this year! I truly appreciate you reading, your comments, your support, and your encouragement. Happy New Year to you!!
I invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Pinterest, Facebook, Google Friend Connect, Linky Followers, bloglovin', or Feedburner. Buttons are in the right sidebar. I'd love to have you back soon!