Hawaiian Dream Cake ~ a layered delight with pineapple-and-coconut laced yellow cake base, a layer of creamy pineapple pudding, and freshly whipped cream and coconut topping. Featuring two types of milk, it's the perfect cake for celebrating National Dairy Month! Thank you to REAL® Seal for sponsoring this post.
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER
Hey all, June is National Dairy Month! Oh it's time to celebrate and enjoy all things dairy! REAL® dairy products like cheese, yogurt, milk, and ice cream play such wonderful starring and supporting roles in so many fabulous dishes. I mean, can you imagine a world without creamy creme brulee or rich-and-delicious cheesecake? Or imagine never again scooping out a refreshingly-tasty bowl of REAL® ice cream? It's hard to envision, for sure.
But when it came to partnering with REAL® Seal to celebrate National Dairy Month, I just couldn't help but think of cake.
A cool-and-creamy pineapple and coconut-filled icebox cake, that is.
Seriously, what better way to celebrate all things dairy and the start of summer than a delicious cake that screams of island vacations and features two kinds of REAL® milk? I'm hard-pressed to think of a better more yummy way, for sure.
Sure, you can prepare Hawaiian Dream Cake and other desserts with other products. But when it comes to dairy products, REAL® Seal helps ensure our baking and cooking get the great ingredients they deserve.
How? By certifying that products are genuine American dairy products made with milk from cows on U.S. dairy farms, and that meet strict manufacturing requirements. When you see the REAL® Seal on a dairy product, you can trust it's the REAL thing.
Now to make this cool-and-creamy cake, grab some REAL® milk ...
... and whip up a creamy mixture of vanilla instant pudding, cream cheese, and crushed pineapple.
Spread the pineapple pudding mixture evenly over a prepared pineapple-and-coconut laced yellow cake ...
Then grab a pint of REAL® whipping cream, add a touch of sugar and vanilla, and whip until it becomes a beautiful freshly-whipped whipped cream ...
Spread the whipped cream on top of the pineapple-pudding layer and sprinkle with coconut and chopped nuts ...
And then you'll be admiring one creamy-and-dreamy layered delight.
While the cake can certainly be served up and enjoyed immediately, Hawaiian Dream Cake is even better when refrigerated overnight to allow the flavors to meld. So plan ahead and hold off on cutting that slice if you can!
But once you do cut that slice? Grab a fork as fast as you can ... because rest assured, you'll want that wait to be over with.
We invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, bloglovin', or subscribe by Email. We'd love to have you back soon!
Hawaiian Dream CakeIngredients
- 1 (15.25 oz.) package yellow cake mix + oil & eggs to prepare cake
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, well-drained & juice reserved
- 1/3 c. coconut
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. cold REAL® milk
- 1 (3 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 c. REAL® whipping or heavy cream
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. coconut
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple and reserve the juice. Place pineapple in the refrigerator to be used later.
- Prepare cake as directed on the package, using reserved pineapple juice for the liquid instead of water. Fold 1/3 cup coconut into batter. Bake in a 13x9" pan according to package directions. Once baked, cool cake completely.
- Beat softened cream cheese with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds; add milk and beat for another 30 seconds. Add dry pudding mix and beat until well combined and smooth. Fold in drained pineapple.
- Spread pineapple pudding mixture evenly on top of the cake.
- With clean beaters and bowl, beat whipping cream and vanilla at medium speed until frothy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Spread in an even layer on top of pineapple pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle top of cake with 2/3 cup coconut and then chopped nuts. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Note: Cake can be served right away, but is even better after being refrigerated overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
Please enjoy these other summertime dairy-licious treats from The Kitchen is My Playground ...
Affiliate links are included in this post. I receive a small amount of compensation for anything purchased from these links, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Kitchen is My Playground when you shop at Amazon.com and cherryBLOX!
This post is linked with The Scoop, Project Inspired, Show and Tell, Tutorials & Tips, Create Link Inspire, The Wednesday Roundup, What's Cookin' Wednesday, Wow Me Wednesday, Thursday Favorite Things, Full Plate Thursday, Party Time, The Creative Exchange, FoodieFriDIY, The Handmade Hangout, Foodie Friday, Creativity Unleashed, Freedom Fridays, Weekend Potluck, Inspiration Monday.