Need a super easy, but fun and festive party treat? Look no further! Simply dip Rice Krispie treats in chocolate and decorate with sprinkles, like with these adorable Baby Shower White Chocolate-Dipped Rice Krispie Treats.
My little first graders are so sweet. See, my friend Andrea ... who just so happens to also be my classroom instructional assistant ... is expecting her first child soon. A little boy, to be exact. And guess what our incredibly amazing little firsties did? They asked me if we could throw her a baby shower! How adorably sweet is that?? Of course I said yes. How could I not?
So onto planning a secret baby shower we went. But, here was my major dilemma. What on Earth to serve as our treat??
Something homemade? - Nope. Against school policy.
Cake? Cupcakes? - Nope. Again, against school policy. Parents aren't allowed to bring or send in cupcakes or cake for birthdays or special treats, so we teachers have to abide by the same rule.
Those cute little beautifully-iced sugar cookies from our local bakery? - A possibility. But at $3 per cookie, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Especially when I knew that several of my first grade friends would take just one bite and toss the rest in the trash.
One of those giant decorated chocolate chip cookies? - Oh, just not quite cute enough.
What was I going to do? What was baby-shower-cute, but also suited to the first grade pallet?
Ah hah! ... Rice Krispie Treats! I decided to take the route of embellishing store-bought Rice Krispie Treats. With a little dip of white chocolate and a tiny drizzling of blue, these little beauties became the perfect treat for a first grade boy-to-be baby shower. Don't you think??
I was hoping these would be just the perfect thing first graders would think was extra special to celebrate their teacher's soon-to-be little boy. And they sure were! I stacked them up on a cake stand to look like a big ol' cake ...
... and set the cake stand alongside cups of blue punch. Looks pretty good for a classroom!
Now, onto how to make these little baby shower Rice Krispie Treats. All I did was unwrap (of course!) store-bought Rice Krispie Treats and give them a little dunk in white chocolate - like this:
Then I sprinkled on a few white non-pareils and set the dipped treats aside to set up.
Next, I drizzled on some blue accents ... ya know, to make them boy-ish.
I let the blue accents set up, and then they were ready for the celebration!
I invite you to follow The Kitchen is My Playground with Pinterest, Facebook, Google Friend Connect, Linky Followers, bloglovin', or Feedburner. Buttons are in the right sidebar. I'd love to have you back soon!
Baby Shower White Chocolate-Dipped Rice Krispie TreatsIngredients
Source: A Tracey creation (I'm sure someone's done this before me, but I didn't use anyone else's idea/recipe for inspiration)
- 1 package store-bought OR 1 batch homemade Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 (1 lb.) package white candy melts or 1 (24 oz.) package white bark coating
- 2 T. shortening
- White non-pareils sprinkles
- Blue candy melts (or other desired color)
- Melt candy melts or bark coating and shortening together in the microwave per package directions (typically in 30 second intervals, stirring in between).
- Dip each Rice Krispie Treat in the candy coating, letting excess coating drip off back into the container. Sprinkle with sprinkles, as desired. Place on waxed paper and let stand for coating to set up.
- Once all the treats have been coated, place blue candy melts in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge in hot water until melted, kneading until smooth (or, microwave in 20 second intervals until melted, kneading after each interval).
- Snip a tiny hole in one corner of the bag and drizzle blue accents over the treats. Let stand until coating is firm.