Cheesecake for breakfast?? Sure! With this Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cheesecake ... sandwiched in a crescent roll crust ... you can indulge in cheesecake for breakfast.
We've been indulging in cheesecake for breakfast around here. Yes, cheesecake for breakfast! Hey, why not, right? I figure with cinnamon-spiced apples and creamy cheesecake sandwiched between a crescent roll crust, it's kinda like a danish ... only easier. And in my opinion, yummier.
I'm just glad termites don't eat sweets.
See, we've had a little termite problem in the The Kitchen is My Playground household. Termites have viciously attacked our hardwood floor just inside our front door.
Oh, I know what you're thinking ... "Don't you treat for termites to protect your home from them????" Right? That's going through your head, isn't it?
Oh, yes, ... yes, we do.
We have a termite contract.
And we're diligent ... totally diligent ... about making sure our treatments happen every month. Around the entire perimeter of our house.
Yes, all the way around our entire house is treated every month. Or so we thought.
Turns out ... everywhere around our entire house is treated every month ...
... except ...
Mmmm, hmmmm. There's one place that wasn't treated. One.
Under the front steps. That lead right smack to the front door.
Right smack to where the pesky little buggers did this:
And then kept going on several other boards of our floors to do this:
Oy. And so now we have a very-not-fun refinish-all-the-hardwood-floors-in-the-house project coming up. 'Cause they can't patch an area. Nope. Can't blend the refinishing. Have to refinish it all.
Yup, we got holes drilled into our bricks so the termites could be battled.
Probably needless to say, we won.
Of course, not before the damage was done.
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cheesecake
Source: Adapted from Breakfast Cheesecake by Sweet Bella Roos and my Caramel Apple Cheesecake Squares
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 medium tart apples (such as Granny Smith), finely chopped
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp. milk
- PREPARE CHEESECAKE: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg yolk and vanilla; stir to combine. Set aside.
- PREPARE APPLE MIXTURE: In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- PREPARE CINNAMON SUGAR SPRINKLE: Combine the 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE & BAKE: Unroll one package of crescent rolls and place in the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. With your fingers, gently press the seams together to seal them. Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the crescent roll dough, leaving about a 1/4-inch border along the edges. Spoon the apple mixture evenly over the cheesecake layer. Unroll the remaining package of crescent rolls and place on top of the apple layer. Gently press the seams together. Sprinkle the top evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- PREPARE GLAZE: Combine confectioners sugar and one teaspoon milk in a small bowl. Stir to combine well. Test to see if the consistency is right to drizzle over the cheesecake ... the mixture should run easily off the edge of a spoon, but not be so thin as to spread out in a pool. If the mixture is too stiff, add another teaspoon of milk and stir. Drizzle over the cooled cheesecake.
- Store cheesecake in the refrigerator.
Enjoy these other tasty cheesecake treats from The Kitchen is My Playground ...
Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake
This post is linked with Sunday Showcase Party, The Scoop, Time to Sparkle, Inspiration Exchange, Tuesday Talent Show, Whimsy Wednesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Pinterest Party, Lovely Ladies Linky, Tutorials Tips & Tidbits, Less Laundry More Linking, Thursday's Treasures, Tickled Pink x2, Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday, What's Shakin', Weekend Potluck, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Show Stopper Saturday, Saturday Show & Tell, Creativity Linky Party, Super Saturday, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Monday Funday, Make the Scene Monday, Marvelous Mondays.